Saturday, January 31, 2015

Bundling Up with the Potato Chip Skirt

I have a love/hate relationship with potato chips.  I love them when I want a salty snack, but they're not the healthiest option out there.  And you really can't eat just one.  However, I've found a potato chip that I only have love for.  The Potato Chip Skirt from Tie Dye Diva, part of Bundle Up Girls!  And true to it's name, you can't stop at just one!

Cover

This little skirt is great for so much, dress it up or down, casual or even school uniform!  And my favorite part of this adorable little skirt?  It can be made reversible!!!

001
 
Bitty Bee's skirt is also reversible, but it was getting a little chilly at the park, so we didn't get to change hers for the pictures.  Her skirt does have the pink on the inside, but she likes the teal side better.  It's the pockets.  The child loves her pockets.  I did lengthen the depth of the pockets so she can hold more stuff!
I've already made three of the doll sized skirts, they're so addicting!!!  And Bitty Bee loves how easy they are to completely change the look of the outfit!

One of the things I really like about this skirt is the length.  It hits Bitty Bee right above the knees, so it's a great length for kids to wear to school!  Making it in khaki or navy twill would be perfect for the girls who have to wear uniforms!  And you could make the reverse side out of a fun print so she can swap it around after school!

I paired the skirts with simple pillowcase style tops.  For Bitty Bee, I used the free Allison's Pillowcase Top and Dress from Create Kids Couture.  For Grace, I used made up a simple pillowcase top that I will be writing a tutorial for soon.

For those of you who saw my blog post earlier this month, I used the Fairyville fabric from my mystery package!  I know I set the goal to use all of the fabric this month, however, I kinda got distracted with life and wasn't able to get to it all yet.  I still plan on using it all, just maybe later on.
If you haven't Bundled Up yet, get on it!  You have until Monday to get your patterns at a great price!

~*~Princess Bee~*~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment