Sunday, July 27, 2014

Back to School with Bee Quilted Beauties, CKC Day 1

It's that time of year again, time to start planning for Back to School!!!  I'm putting together some of my favorite PDF patterns for BTS sewing to share with you.

We're starting off with a three piece outfit from Create Kids Couture, which I made out of the Woodwinked line from Dear Stella, available now in our shop: Bee Quilted Beauties



Clarissa's Belted Pants are great for BTS sewing, they're easy to sew and the ruched hemline is great for older girls who are outgrowing the ruffled pants, like my daughter is doing to me.  She's 7 going on 17, I swear!!!

These pants have an elastic waistband for easy wear and also easy fitting.  The amount of elastic you use can easily be shortened or lengthened for size.



They do have a wider leg width on them, which my daughter really likes.

Overall, these pants took me maybe 2 hours from start to finish and they can easily become a wardrobe staple for your little girl.  Make them up in a solid and they can be mixed and matched with lots of different tops, or make a few different tops from the same fabric line to increase the versatility of them.

On mine, I picked up a really cute burlap flower from my friends at 2 Shabby Chics and attached a safety pin to the back of it.  I pinned it to the side of her left pant leg for a cute little touch.

Later this week, I'll be giving my reviews of the top and jacket that were made to match!

No comments:

Post a Comment