Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Women’s Bundle Up Tour – EYMM

I love any excuse to sew for myself, so when word of the Women’s Bundle Up Tour reached me, I was quick to sign up!  There were so many awesome options to pick from this time!!!  I went with the EYMM Everyday Essentials pattern and I have to say, I love this pattern!  I live in Texas and summer is right around the corner.  I need cute sleeveless tops and lots of them!


I chose to make the cami option, which is adorable as a top with jeans or a maxi skirt.  For mine, I used some of the Art Gallery Etno knit from the shop.  I absolutely love working with Art Gallery knits, and that’s saying something because I’m not a huge knit person.  I’m slowly conquering my fear of sewing with knits and it’s paying off.


For the EYMM cami, I chose not to do the gathers under the bust.  For my next one (and there will be many next ones), I’ll go ahead and do them, I think they’ll give a better fit on me in the bust.
I used fold over elastic for the neck and armholes, which was a really fast and easy way to finish those edges.  Overall, I think this top took me less than 30 minutes to make from cutting out the fabric to finishing the hem.  I can only guess, I did have two children interrupting me every few minutes.  You moms know how it is, trying to sew during the day with kids home.  Not always an easy task!  But this is certainly something that can be whipped up amid the chaos of children!

You get so many options with this pattern and I can’t wait to use it again!  I think the slip will make an adorable skirt out of some cute knit, I can’t wait to make a cute dress for hot summer date nights, more cami-style tops, and maybe even a sleep bra or two.

~*~Princess Bee~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment