Friday, August 15, 2014

Back to School with Ellie Inspired and Rock the Stitch

I know it's way too hot to be thinking about winter coats, but I just couldn't resist this one!  Ellie Inspired has one that is just darling!!!  The Sweet Pea Coat just has such a classy look and my little darling is wanting less of the ruffles and frills and more of the classy and streamlined.


I will be the first to stand up and say that I am so addicted to anything that Art Gallery Fabrics releases.  For this look, I paired the Emmy Grace with Indelible.  The coat lining and gold on the dress bodice are Emmy Grace, the main print on the dress and the teal on the bodice are from Indelible.  The colors work so well together!


Yep, that's my daughter, twirling in the middle of the street.  Even though she is growing up, she can't resist twirling in a new outfit!  And this coat doesn't fail to impress on the twirl factor!  Instead of buttons on mine, I used a couple frog closures.  They really add a nice touch to the coat.

I really like some of the options available with this coat pattern, such as making it reversible!  I might try that style next.  We do live in Texas and this wool coat is going to be too heavy for most of our mild winter.  But a reversible one in lighter fabrics will be perfect!


The dress is one that I'm definitely planning on making more of!  It's the Fawn Lily from Rock the Stitch and has a lot of great options.  There are two bodice options, overlapping (how I did mine) and button-up.  It has three lengths (tunic and dress, either above or below the knee) and three skirt options (A-line, gathered or pleated).  I did the below the knee A-line for mine because I love the print of the fabric I used and just couldn't see it being gathered up or pleated.


For the back of my bodice, I continued the teal fabric across instead of using the gold from the front.  I like how it came out, almost like a mock bolero.

I had a lot of fun putting this look together for Layna.  And now it's time to start the next project!  This time, my son will be getting something pretty awesome.

~Princess Bee~

No comments:

Post a Comment