Monday, August 4, 2014

Business Owning Beauties

We're kicking the week off with one of our hard working Business Owning Beauties!!!  We caught up with Tricia from Two Snuggle Bugs.  Be sure to stop by her Facebook page and show her some love!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's start with a little introduction to who you are, your family, your boutique name, etc.
 My name is Tricia and I'm the owner of Two Snuggle Bugs. My shop is named for my two adorable kids who are my snuggle bugs, my oldest is a boy and my youngest is a girl. We are a military family so we have moved lots and seen lots of great places.

What was the inspiration for you to start your boutique?
 I learned how to sew from my mother at age 8. I didn't have much interest in sewing professionally until I found out I was having my daughter. There were so many great patterns and everything was so cute that I found myself wanting to use my talent for something beyond dressing my kids. It's a mobile career so wherever the Army takes us, I still have employment and if for any reason life gets crazy and I need to step back for a while I can do that.

What has been the biggest challenge you've faced since starting a business?
 Becoming CPSC compliant! It's a huge job! Learning the ins and outs of the rules has been a learning curve. It's been worth it though!

What is your favorite thing about being a business owner?
 Seeing the outfits I made with my own two little hands on a customer. It's hugely rewarding and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. It's been so much fun!

Do you have a favorite item that you are currently selling? 
 I love my princess dresses. They are meant to be played in and worn and loved. I have some customers who have taken them on vacation, worn them for a birthday party, and some who just wear them with leggings to school. Creating a dress that's inspired by the original princess dress has been fun for me! 


What is in store for the future of your boutique?  Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years?  10 years?
 I would love to still be sewing and creating in 5 and 10 years, though who knows where I will be at the time! 5 years will find us  retired from a 20 year career with the Army so we'll be settling back into civilian life and getting into a new version of normal. I'm sure Two Snuggle Bugs will still be a huge part of my life. I love that I've been able to take something that I shared with my mom and grandma and been able to build a business from that. I always think of each of them as I sew and I love sending pics to my mom for her opinion. I had no idea when I learned to sew for my dolly that I'd be able to share that with others later on in life. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tricia, thank you for sharing a little bit of your life with us!  We can't wait to see what's in store for your business! 

And a special thank you from us at Bee Quilted Beauties to your husband for his service to our country!  

~Princess Bee~

No comments:

Post a Comment